Saturday, February 18, 2012

Some Days You Have It.....

And some days you don't.

Patience that is.

Have you ever had a day every nerve in your body is pulled tighter than Dolly Partons's blouse and ready to spring at any moment?

Today was that kind of a day for me. For no reason at all I have been on the edge of complete and total melt down. Wether it was asking the children to tidy their rooms, or facing the prospect of turning my (really loud and totally inappropriate) music off so Mr.Wonderful could get a nap after working almost all night, it was not a good idea to cross my path.

Then it happened..... The Big KAABOOOM!

Trying to pull myself out of my funk I decided to channel all my creative energy into building a gingerbread house with my princess.

BIG MISTAKE! Gingerbread houses are finicky enough to cause premature greys on their own without adding my total lack of patience to the mix.

Now the kit I was using to build the doomed structure must have been defective or something (we all know it couldn't possibly be my fault) and would not fit together no matter how we tried. Boy did we try, four times we repositioned pieces, held our breath, and poked our tongues out just right. Each time the stale spiced slabs of gingery goodness came crashing down in a jumble of smeared icing and shattered hope.

During the fifth attempt, that's when it happened. I lost all composure and threw the tantrum of tantrums!

It was glorious as far as tantrums go!

There was cookie bits, gumdrops, icing, and fondant flying everywhere! Until all that remained was a candy land disaster zone and my maniacal laughter.

All that was left to do was pull out my camera and document the crime scene. So I can have a good laugh at myself now the cloud hanging over me has blown over.

A tantrum has never tasted so good!


1 comment: